Placement & Registration
After the Office of School Choice Runs the Lottery
1. Placement notification will be sent by mail and/or email during the month of May 2021.
2. Parent/Guardians must accept/decline the placement by doing one of the following:
- OR Complete and return the placement response form that you received by mail by the date specified in your letter and return to:
Hartford Public Schools
Office of Enrollment & School Choice
330 Wethersfield Avenue, 1st Floor
Hartford, CT 06114
- New or returning students must register at the Office of Enrollment & School Choice located at 330 Wethersfield Avenue, 1st Floor, Hartford, CT 06114.
- Current Hartford District students that received a new school placement for the 2021-22 school year, should register at the new school.
Parents should be prepared to bring the following documents:
- Birth certificate
- Photo identification of parent/guardian and legal guardianship document (if applicable)
- Proof of Hartford residency (utility bill or lease/rental agreement)
- Updated physical exam form (blue form) & Immunization records
Magnet Schools and the Open Choice program are part of a separate application run by the Regional School Choice Office (RSCO). A placement may be offered at a Magnet school or a non-district school through the Open Choice program in addition to the Hartford District school placement offer.
- If you received an offer by RSCO and you do intend on accepting this placement you must decline the Hartford District school placement offered by the HPS Office of Enrollment & School Choice.
- If you received an offer by RSCO and you do not intend on accepting this placement you must accept the Hartford District school placement offered by the HPS Office of Enrollment & School Choice.
- If you have already accepted your Hartford District school placement but will enroll in the magnet or a non-district school through the Open Choice program, please contact the Office of Enrollment & School Choice at (860) 695-8876 and request a change to your placement status.
- If your child was placed on the RSCO magnet or Open Choice waitlist and was placed in a Hartford District School you should accept the placement at the Hartford District school offered by HPS Office of Enrollment & School Choice. The RSCO's placement is not guaranteed. If you do not accept your placement in the Hartford school your child will be considered as not requiring a "seat" at the district school. If it is later determined that placement is needed at a Hartford District School, your child will be placed at a school with available seats which may not be the school assigned by the lottery.
Are you in the right place?
If you are submitting a Hartford District Choice application, you made it!
Click here to apply.
If you are looking into other options such as Hartford magnet or open choice please visit www.choiceeducation.org.